Tuesday, July 7, 2009

TODAY I REFLECTED IN LOVE WHO AND WHAT REALLY MATTERS/ AND WHO AND WHAT DOESN'T

After experiencing the Micheal Jackson celebration of LIFE I gleened alot about my ecentric mother (deceased) and my adopted dad TF (deceased) and my own life amongst other family and friends around us. Things were diffrent for me as I posted on an older post that said it all..."I'M ALL THATS LEFT OF A BAZZARE CHILDHOOD"...I could relate in many personal ways to Micheal Jackson growing up and alot of unhappy stuff. I no longer dwell in the past, but you do learn at my age who is for you and who is against you who thinks the best of you and who thinks the worst and hasn't a clue they missed something.... and hearing just the tip of the iceberg about MJ brought up the old scars that have now healed. I know.... who loves me and who is against me it's no big mystery. Since Bob Dylan is a legend himself and at one time a personal friend that George & I brought to the Lord I have always thought this a fitting song for MJ's family, friends ,and so called people that we thought loved us or cared...Wrong...It is so well written and it is perfect for those who didn't ever know the real MJ or myself and husband...We will always be reminded of those people no longer in our lives they are "dead" even if they still walk and breath.. and we have been delivered...Peace with God....If you are interested and have had these ugly, types of people in your life I think you will "Get It" good message from ol' Bob Dylan a shout out to the ones..... and you wouldn't need to think twice ...Note: They won't be at my celebration of Life event when I pass.... No shock there, If your reading this it isn't you unless you don't want to come. George is on the same page on this one Amen!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUJxHQDB9E8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSaxuKTN8xc
2 versions I liked....

Monkey Bear ( Positively 4th street by Bob Dylan)

3 comments:

  1. You did it again Anne! Either you read my mind, or there is some weird connection between us. I'm going through something very painful with my brother and sister-in-law and hearing this song and reading your words was so good for me. You are right on sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen anytime you need to share please do but realize the words of Dylans song... you never had the faith to begin with in (us) andIt's not my problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monkey Bear,

    This has been my song since about hmmm..1985...I kept thinking of it then in relation to so much that had happened in my life and so I came to that conclusion also..with these lyrics..it's so so true, even more so today as I grow older in my "spirit years"...especially the part about standing in our shoes for "just one moment"..

    "you've got a lot of nerve to say you gotta helping hand to lend, you just want to be on the side that's winning". Yep!

    "Do you take me for such a fool to think that I'd make contact, with the one who tries to hide what he don't know to begin with"..well you and I know about that one for sure.

    I made a mistake once again but I will remedy it with my "family contact". Yet, I once again was able to "lay my thoughts and hurts out" and got a response..not what I would have wanted but I was heard whether they liked it or not. That is healing. And I pray for my sister...it is sad and I do think of trying to forgive and yet finding a balance within myself and what is best for my peace of mind and spirit..

    Thanks for sharing this song..lets buy a new pair of shoes shall we?...:o)

    Blessings,

    Rhi

    ReplyDelete