Friday, July 17, 2009

KICKIN OFF THE WEEKEND W/ LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM AND STEVIE NICKS

Happy Friday video selection... I was looking for Lindsey Buckinghams (Fleetwood Mac) song Going Insane but haven't located the version I want to post , I'll continue to look in a moment ...however I found this gem it's really a diffrent twist to one of my fav. song You Can Go Your Own Way as he sings it solo nothing else.. no backup , instrument just belting it out. You may not like it but I like finding the diffrent to the more given version. I've always looked more at Stevie Nicks as I have been told all my life I look like her well not anymore at our ages.. I was told that into my 40's anyway. So enjoy... now I will go look for Going Insane a version I like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buyUcqMCb5k&feature=related

This is the best it's great for live concert Going Insane by Lindsey Buckingham
great guitar....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvmY4RdIWGk&feature=related

5 comments:

  1. I have so much trouble listening to videos..my speakers are turned up 100% and I still can't hear them..Im so hard of hearing..I did have those listen up things but after the first 3 months or so they just were full of squeals and whistles that it drives me crazy..so..can watch..but can't hear them..js

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they thought you looked like Stevie? That's cool. I would love to see photos of you in your 40's so I can look??.

    You know speaking of Fleetwood Mac, you can find a lot of beautiful "unplugged" and or "piano versions" of a lot of Stevie Nicks songs on you tube..I have a lot of them saved on my youtube site. A lot of them are "Rough cuts" without the added guitars and other instruments..mostly just her voice and they are so wonderful to listen to. They are incredibly beautiful..and there are so many songs by Stevie that were not hits from all her cd's and albums, that you can find on youtube..of which I think I have just about every one..but I don't have the newest "greates hits" one because I've got all of her stuff already.

    Have you ever seen the live version of "sister of the moon" or Brother moon???..oh not sure if that's the title my brain fog is hitting again..but it's a fantastic haunting song live!..it is an incredible live version with Lindsey just really getting into this song with Stevie and Anne, I know you would just love the lyrics to this song..it goes deep. I can just see you watching and listening to the lyrics and video of this song, going "uh huh oh yeah she is right amen to that"!..it's about being your own person no matter what others say..you can relate to that..and so can I!! Please check it out. If I could I would give you the youtube addy for it but I'm still using my old "ancient" pc and no can do.

    Thanks for joining me in celebrating the 4th anniversary of my blog..You are the one that talked me into having my own blog years ago. Remember?? Thanks so much for encouraging me too.

    Not much news about "P" and yet things are "sticky" and emotional for me right now.

    Let you know any new news when I can..

    Love, Rhi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Rhi for the tips on you tube.. Thanks for the update hope you have a really wonderful day full of surprises...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved Fleetwood Mac since I was born. I remember dancing and signing around our living room in Oregon when I was 10 years old listening to "Rumours." My dreams came true this year when the hubby took me to see FM at the Tacoma Dome in May. Stevie and Lindsay are AMAZING live. Not a week goes by I don't listen to this talented band. Great choice Monkey Bear!

    ReplyDelete