Sunday, June 7, 2009

VALLY OF THE DOLLS CLASSIC NOVEL/ MOVIE WE WATCHED LAST NIGHT

Yes George and I for the past couple years have been getting Netfix and doing all the Classics I will post my updated list of fims as to recommend to anyone interested in old movies... We like foreign, silent, most movies pre 70's and have seen things as far back as 1919 no kidding. I am really into old Hollywood as that was what industry I was raised in from Broadway to Hollywood film and music industry. My mother was very talented and successful and it was a crazy way to grow up. The drama oh the drama.. My mother went from Who's afraid of Virginia Wolf to Mommy dearest, to Auntie Mame ...we never knew who she was going to be from day to day ... was it Lily Munster, or Mortisha Adams...I kid you not she was ecentric and brilliant. Never a dull moment growing up with high drama. Well this movie sure hit home for me Valley of the Dolls with all the hoopla I endured survival is the name of that tune as I was just a kid or lets say young adult at 3 yrs. old. ( Never was allowed to be just a kid) The last pic is of George Gessell which our family knew he was an odd weirdo but hey who wasn't an odd bird coming and going from my home.
NOW CHECK OUT: The first pic ..... Then the second one as the 1st pic is being turned on it's side #2 then the 3rd people who turn into pills which are called Dolls in the movie then the physcodelic looking scenes etc. I love it so arty take a minute to contimplate...Next week I'll continue my trip to Cali and life here on the island.. Enjoy your day.

1 comment:

  1. oh valley of the dolls...what a campy movie ...i loved it..

    ReplyDelete