Monday, June 8, 2009

I LOVE OLD SIGNS THAT HAVE STOOD FOREVER IN SMALL TOWNS

Look at Puckerbrush pop: 28 thats amazing... that could be just one family...Some of the signs, paintings, and billboards, statues are huge... the size of a big building to get your interest.The smaller the town the bigger the signs telling you what is coming up in the next few miles.... yeah a ghost town...In some cases!
I love seeing that they offer Color T.V. and screen size and if those are the big ammenities than you know to keep driving. You have to wonder when you see some of the weird stuff for kids to play on or with?????....from Dinasaurs to cactus, big rocks with gold paint and the one that I really wondered about had a Big BUG ANT on top of the MOTEL what does that have to do with the joint, I'm not stopping to ask..????
Now the Jesus of Nazereth photo below was interesting look at the building at least what you can see of it. It was on a main street and looked like a nice place to eat from the outside George had parked to run into a store so I took the pic of this place of worship... it just looked like a restraunt to me. Anyway some of the signs I will post are just part of the bigger picture the signs so huge they blocked the scenery. Like the gal in the polka dot bathing suite oh my cough! cough! that was not the place to go trust me. Some of the signs through places were blank & decayed and seemed to be a sign that you filled in the blanks...Recession.....So if you too are interested in Americana old school signs and small town businesses that thrived in the day enjoy the ride...Monkey Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment